Whether replace or repair the windshield?
More and more people are „going green“, wishing to leave behind the Mother Earth to their children and grandchildren in the same condition. One of the ways to do that is to repair the glass instead of replacing in!
Why choose repairing?
- It takes glass 1 million years to decompose in the wild.
- We save enough energy (compared to replacing) to keep a 100W light bulb working for 36 hours.
- The quantity of replaced glass (in USA alone) is 12 milj pieces, 136 milj tons in weight.
- It takes 8000 kJ to create a glass, the same as the daily energy need of a human being.
- Creating one glass produces 175 kg of waste and 13 kg of air pollution.
- No mouldings, clips or panels have to be removed during the repair.
- It takes under half an hour to repair the glass.
- Repairing the glass is also useful to the insurance company.
- Repairing comes with a warranty, meaning that we’ll compensate for the cost of the repair in case a crack forms from the repaired chip in a year.
What can be repaired?
- The chip can’t be larger than a 1-euro coin.
- The chip has to be at least 6 cm from the edge.
- The sooner the chip is repaired the better the result.
- It’s up to you which option you use – the fate of the Earth is in your hands!